COACHING & LEADERSHIP
Do it Differently
The process is not as important as the outcomes. The process starts with the development of very clear goals and objectives for coaching. Without these, how will we measure our successes?
My TEN mantra's for Leadership
1. The importance of setting clear goals: leaders must set clear goals for themselves and their organisations.
2. Continuous learning: make it a lifelong pursuit for you as a leader.
3. Effective communication: communicate clearly, listen actively, and be open to feedback.
4. Building strong teams: focus on creating a shared vision, fostering collaboration, and developing a culture of trust.
5. Emphasising innovation: create a culture that values experimentation and risk-taking.
6. Managing time effectively: focus on your most important tasks, eliminate time-wasters, and delegate effectively.
7. Taking a customer-centric approach: constantly seek feedback from customers and stakeholders.
8. Leading with integrity: be transparent, ethical, and accountable for your actions.
9. Emphasising performance: measure performance regularly, hold yourself and your teams accountable, and be willing to make tough decisions when necessary.
10. Embracing change: change is inevitable and that leaders must be willing to adapt to new circumstances proactively, stay ahead of the curve.
What coaches do!
The essence of coaching: the essence of coaching is to enable individuals to maximise their potential and achieve their goals to unlock human potential and create a sense of purpose and fulfilment.
The importance of self-awareness: helps individuals to be aware of their strengths, weaknesses, and values to achieve their full potential.
Creating a coaching relationship: importance of building a coaching relationship based on trust, mutual respect, and clear communication.
Goal setting and action planning: importance of setting clear goals and creating action plans to achieve those goals. Action plans should be focused on developing the skills and behaviours required to achieve those goals.
Creating a learning environment: coaches should encourage individuals to reflect on their experiences, learn from their mistakes, and seek feedback to improve their performance.
Developing emotional intelligence: individuals need to be aware of their emotions and those of others to build strong relationships and achieve their goals.
Communication skills: coaches need to be skilled in active listening, questioning, and providing feedback to support personal and professional growth.
Creating a culture of accountability: individuals need to be accountable for their actions and outcomes and that coaches can support this process by setting clear expectations and holding individuals accountable for their performance.
Developing leadership skills: coaching can support the development of leadership skills by enabling individuals to build self-awareness, emotional intelligence, and effective communication skills.
Creating a sense of purpose: coaching can support individuals in identifying their values, passions, and aspirations, and aligning their actions with their sense of purpose.